In April 2016, we held the first UKSpill Annual Awards event at the Annual Members Meeting in London. It was so successful that we repeated the formula in March 2017 and in 2019.
There has been a COVID-forced 3-year gap and the Board has agreed that we should do these again in 2022 and annually thereafter. They will be held at the 2022 Annual Awards Dinner on 10 November at Marriot Nottingham.
Our Association membership represents some of the most talented and knowledgeable individuals and innovative companies in the oil spill industry globally. We believe as an Association that such talent should be recognised whether it is an outstanding performance from long-established capabilities, innovative developments in products or approaches, or exceptional delivery of services from those new to the industry. So, we have five awards to be presented at our annual dinner event on 10 November 2022.
We, therefore, invite submissions for these awards in five categories by 31 October 2022:
What are the Award Categories?
1 Rising Star Award – To recognize the importance of attracting new talent into our industry and celebrating their outstanding achievements. This award is open to individuals of any age who have been in their current role for less than three years.
2. Inland Responder – To recognize response actions by and from within a company to a spillage incident which has resulted in significant success for that company in the field of spill response over the last three years.
3. Marine/International Responder – To recognize response actions by and from within a company to a spillage incident that has resulted in significant success for that company in the field of spill response over the last three years.
4. Manufacturer of the Year – To recognize the manufacturer whose products have made the most significant contribution to spill response over the last three years.
5. Innovation of the Year – Innovation is what drives the industry forward, especially during times of economic restraint – this award is for a product or a service that has made a significant impact within the industry over the last three years.
How Do I Make a Submission?
If you would like to put forward your company or nominate an individual for an award then the following process applies:
• Your company must be a Corporate Member of UKEireSpill or an Accredited Member of ISAS) at the time of your submission
• Submissions must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st October 2022
• Submissions should be in a pdf format
• Submissions must not exceed 2000 words and should:
o Clearly state the award category you are entering your submission to
o Describe the event/incident which is to be judged and explain how the individual or team made an outstanding contribution to the success of the project
o or describe the product/innovation developed, its application, and why this is a development worthy of recognition from the Industry
o Be supported by photographs and or data where relevant and any client testimonials
How will Submissions be Judged?
The Board of UKEireSpill Association will appoint an independent judging panel comprising UKEireSpill and ISAS Board Members. Their decision will be final.
When do I Find out if we have Won?
A shortlist will be announced for each category on 4 November 2022.
The winners will be announced and awards presented at the Annual Awards Dinner at Marriot, Nottingham on 10 November 2022. We would encourage your company to bring shortlisted staff to the awards dinner so they can accept their award in person should they win.
What will we win?
A trophy will be awarded to the winners of each category. A cash prize of £100 will be awarded to the winner of the individual category.
The trophy can be kept by the winner and does not need to be returned annually.
Winners will appear in a dedicated Spill Alert feature following the awards evening.
Winners will also be able to display the relevant category award graphic on their website and office stationery for the year in which the award was made.
The Annual Conference and Dinner is kindly being sponsored by OAMPS Hazardous Industries.
The awards are being sponsored by International Spill Accreditation Scheme.
Please enter and if you have any queries please get in touch!