Marine and Manufacturers Working Group of the UK and Ireland Spill Association Ltd (UKIreSpill-ManuWG)
Terms of Reference
1. Key Objective
Through collaborative working to ensure that the marine and manufacturing members of the UK and Ireland Spill Association achieve a return on investment (ROI) for their membership.
To collaborate together to create events, networking, and promotion opportunities for all members of UKIreSpill-ManuWG.
2. Group Composition
The UKIreSpill-ManuWG will comprise all members involved in marine spill response and manufacturing products that serve our inland and marine members drawn from the following groups:
The UKIreSpill-ManuWG will meet a minimum of quarterly and may meet face to face or virtually. A greater frequency of meetings may be agreed to assist in organising events, exhibition opportunities etc
4. Key Responsibilities
To oversee and assist in the delivery of UKIreSpill-ManuWG marketing and social media opportunities
- To oversee and assist in the delivery of manufacturing initiatives, innovation,
- To ensure and assist with regular contact between the Association and Government, Regulators and other Trade Associations.
- To help co-ordinate representation of members at overseas events either independently or though Department of International Trade (DIT)
- To ensure members get good representation at Interspill and other trienniual events eg IOSC and SpillCon.
- To explore involvement in the recovery of plastic pollution and product innovation around that.
- To investigate a possible kite mark scheme of UKEireSpill products subject to the products meeting minimum standards of independent inspection, safety and suitability for role.