Following the success of the 2022 Conference at this venue the Board have agreed to return to this venue for the Autumn Conference and Awards Dinner on 1 and 2 November 2023
Your Board has committed to holding it this year again at Marriot, Nottingham, Belfry in their events suite and with support from their experienced events team.
The outline programme is as follows:
1430: UK and Ireland Spill Association Board Meeting, Chatterley Suite
1530: International Spill Accreditation Scheme Board Meeting, Chatterley Suite
1830: UK and Ireland Spill Association Intercompany go-karting competition Nottingham Go Karting (Team Sport) (current champions: Spill Response Wales)
0930 – 1700 Annual Conference
1730 – UK and Ireland Spill Association AMM, International Spill Accreditation Scheme, AMM
1900 – Pre-dinner drinks sponsored by RSK Response
2100 – Annual Awards
2359 – Bar Closes!
1 Nov: UK and Ireland Spill Association Intercompany go-karting competition Nottingham Go Karting sponsored by Spill Response Wales
The intercompany go-karting challenge was great fun in 2022 and was won by Spill Response Wales who have kindly agreed to sponsor this event.
It is for teams of 4. The racing is on a 750m multi-level track with hairpins, fifteen corners, and chicanes. We would expect to see speeds of up to 40mph on the straights from the 200 CC petrol go-karts.
Teams will race in a series of qualifying rounds before 4 teams compete in a semi-final and then two teams will compete to be our Go Karting Champion and receive a trophy that will be competed for each year and be awarded at the Annual Awards. All safety equipment is provided.
Entry is £20 per person including pizza and all safety equipment. Soft drinks are available at the bar and alcoholic drinks once the challenge has been completed.
A booking form is in Annex A.
We need a minimum of 16 (4 teams of 4) participants by 10 October to hold the competition at the venue. We currently have three teams booked and I hear rumours of more so please book so I can ensure the venue can handle them all!
2 Nov: Annual Conference 0930-1700 Nelson Suite
The conference will be in the Events Suite at Marriot Nottingham Belfry.
For those not staying on 1 Nov, tea and coffee will be available on arrival.
The conference programme is in Annex B (as this is June and the event is in November it will be subject to changes) and will be updated online and on social media.
Coffee and tea will be provided throughout and a finger buffet lunch will be served.
The cost to attend the conference is purely to assist in covering some of the catering costs and is £55 per attendee (member companies) and £95 per attendee (non-member).
2 Nov: Exhibition adjacent to the Conference 0900-1800 Victory Suite
We have booked a room adjacent to the Conference Room for members to exhibit with 2m x 1m stands. There is space for up to 15 exhibitors and each will have a 4ft table, 2 chairs, and sufficient space for a series of pull-ups.
The cost to exhibit is to cover the cost of room hire is £150 per company.
Following the exhibition, those who exhibit may place their pull-ups in the dinner venue.
The booking form is in Annex A.
2 Nov: Annual Members Meeting, UKEireSpill, Montgomery Suite, 1730-1800
The Annual Members Meeting will be held to present the work done by the Association over the last year, announce its plans for the next year and seek members’ approval of its annual accounts, budget, executive director’s remuneration, and vote in new members to the Board which this year will include 1 Board Member.
It is a significant meeting in the formal life of the Association and we would hope that members can attend in sufficient numbers to reflect this. It is not an exhaustive meeting but an opportunity for members to hold the executive of the Association to account.
There is no need to book to attend this meeting!
2 Nov: Annual Members Meeting, ISAS, Montgomery Suite, 1800-1820
The Annual members meeting of International Spill Accreditation Scheme will be held to update members on the progress of the scheme its plans for the next year and seek members approval of its annual accounts, budget and to hear 2023/24 plans.
2 Nov: Annual Dinner, Nelson Suite 1900-2359!
Pre- Dinner drinks sponsored by RSK Response will be held in the events suite.
The dinner menu is as follows:
Pressed Ham Hock Terrine, English Mustard Mayo, Pea Shoot & Parsley Salad
Plum Tomato & Basil Soup Pesto Oil & Crème Fraiche (v)
Chargrilled Olive Oil & Rosemary Glazed Breast of Chicken
Crispy Fried New Potatoes, Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
Pesto Scented Tomato Sauce
Leek and Wild Mushroom Risotto (v)
Dressed Rocket & Pea Shoots, Crispy Fried Leeks & Onions
Red Berry Eton Mess with Whipped Vanilla Cream
Tropical Fruit Salad
Following the dinner there will be a Toast to the health, safety and goodwill of Responders Worldwide’ sponsored by Socotec.
Please select your menu option by 10 October 2023 using the Booking Form at Annex A
If not staying in the hotel then the dinner only charge is £85. Please indicate how many non-residents will be eating on the Booking Form at Annex A so an invoice may be raised.
Dinner table arrangements:
The room will be laid out with round tables seating up to 10 guests per table. A full table will be classed as 8 or more.
If you wish to book a table for your company then please indicate on the Booking Form at Annex A.
If booking less than 8 persons we will aggregate those attending to ensure the optimal number of tables.
Whilst there is a bar that will be open to support the event, to ease congestion, I suggest that you pre-order wine using the form that is attached at Annex C and order this directly with the hotel. You can then ‘top up’ from the bar. Please email this form to email@example.com.
2 Nov: Annual Awards – sponsored by International Spill Accreditation Scheme (ISAS)
You will have recently seen a request for submissions in the following seven categories by 13 October 2023:
1. Rising Star Award – To recognize the importance of attracting new talent into our industry and celebrating their outstanding achievements. This award is open to individuals of any age who have been in their current role for less than three years.
2. Inland Responder Large Incident – To recognize response actions by a company in managing a large and complex incident that has successfully managed the environmental risk and impact of a hazardous product spill over the last year.
3. Inland Responder Smaller Incident – To recognize response actions by a company in managing a single product spillage incident and successfully managed its environmental risk and impact over the last year.
4. Marine/International Responder – To recognize response actions by and from within a company to a spillage incident which has resulted in a significant success for that company in the field of spill response over the last year.
5. Manufacturer of the Year – To recognize the manufacturer whose products have made the most significant contribution to spill response over the last year.
6. Sustainability Award – To recognise an innovation, change in working practice or initiative that has demonstrated a reduction in GHG emissions or generated positive progress toward sustainability in spill response.
7. Innovation of the Year – Innovation is what drives the industry forward, especially during times of economic restraint – this award is for a product or a service that has made a significant impact within the industry over the last year.
If you would like to nominate your company or an individual for an award then the following process applies:
• Your company must be a Corporate Member of UKEireSpill or an Accredited Member of ISAS at the time of your submission.
• Submissions must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 13 October 2023
• These will be judged by a mix of UKEireSpill and ISAS Board Members
Winners will receive an award from the Chair of ISAS at the Awards Dinner.
Hotel Accommodation Bookings and Rates
The Marriot Nottingham Belfry is a very smart business-oriented hotel with excellent accommodation and facilities including a fitness suite, indoor pool, spa rooms, sauna, and steam room!
The hotel website is at:
We have negotiated the following accommodation rates for this event:
1 Nov: Bed and Breakfast – £127
2 Nov: Conference Delegate Rate to include lunch, dinner and breakfast – £168
Please book your accommodation DIRECTLY with the hotel using the following links:
At last year’s event, there were some break-ins to company vehicles. Security at the hotel has improved and they report no recent break-ins. I will revisit this closer to the event.
Following the success last year there is real enthusiasm for this year’s conference, dinner, and awards event.
Please support it to make this a great event but please do not leave booking to the last minute!
If you have any queries please do get in touch!