The UK and Ireland Spill Association Annual Awards are to be presented at the 2022 Annual Awards Dinner on 10 November at Marriot Hotel, Nottingham.
We have circulated on various occasions the request for submission for the awards but a summary of the categories is below.
We, therefore, invite submissions for these awards in five categories by 31 October 2022:
What are the Award Categories?
1. Rising Star Award – To recognize the importance of attracting new talent into our industry and celebrating their outstanding achievements. This award is open to individuals of any age who have been in their current role for less than three years.
2. Inland Responder – To recognize response actions by and from within a company to a spillage incident which has resulted in significant success for that company in the field of spill response over the last three years
3. Marine/International Responder– To recognize response actions by and from within a company to a spillage incident that has resulted in significant success for that company in the field of spill response over the last three years.
4. Manufacturer of the Year – To recognize the manufacturer whose products have made the most significant contribution to spill response over the last three years.
5. Innovation of the Year – Innovation is what drives the industry forward, especially during times of economic restraint – this award is for a product or a service that has made a significant impact within the industry over the last three years.
How Do I Make a Submission?
If you would like to put forward your company or nominate an individual for an award then the following process applies:
How will Submissions be Judged?
The Board of UKEireSpill Association will appoint an independent judging panel comprising UKEireSpill and ISAS Board Members. Their decision will be final.
When do I Find out if we have Won?
A shortlist will be announced for each category on 4 November 2022.The winners will be announced and awards presented at the Annual Awards Dinner at Marriot, Nottingham on 10 November 2022. We would encourage your company to bring shortlisted staff to the awards dinner so they can accept their award in person should they win.
What will we win?
A trophy will be awarded to the winners of each category. A cash prize of £100 will be awarded to the winner of the individual category.
The trophy can be kept by the winner and does not need to be returned annually.
Winners will appear in a dedicated Spill Alert feature following the awards evening.
Winners will also be able to display the relevant category award graphic on their website and office stationery for the year in which the award was made. –
The Annual Conference and Dinner is kindly being sponsored by OAMPS Hazardous Industries.
The awards are being sponsored by International Spill Accreditation Scheme.